23 Quotes to Inspire an Attitude of Gratitude in Your Sales Approach
In fact, research reveals gratitude may be one of the most overlooked tools that we all have access to every day.
If you’re in a sales role, think about how this type of outlook could positively influence your sales approach.
Oftentimes, you’re faced with the nagging feeling of not having enough of what you need.
Not enough opportunities in the pipeline. Not enough leads. Not enough sales this quarter.
Whatever it is, this constant feeling of not having enough can blind you to what you already have, which ultimately impacts your attitude and results in the opposite feeling of gratefulness.
Need an even bigger pick-me-up? Check out our Top Tips guide for more inspiration.
These 23 quotes about being thankful will help you reflect and recognize the importance of appreciating what you have and how you can incorporate an attitude of gratitude into your daily sales activities and approach.
1. "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them." John F. Kennedy
2. "Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." William Arthur Ward
3. "Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some." Charles Dickens
4. "In life, one has a choice to take one of two paths: to wait for some special day--or to celebrate each special day." Rasheed Ogunlaru
5. "I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder." K. Chesterton
6. "Enough is a feast.” Buddhist proverb
7. "Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance." Eckhart Tolle
8. "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." Robert Brault
9. "Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity...it makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." Melody Beattie
10. "If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get." Frank A. Clark
11. "Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." Oprah Winfrey
12. "You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late." Ralph Waldo Emerson
13. "Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out." John Wooden
14. "In ordinary life, we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich." Dietrich Bonhoeffer
15. "Gratitude and attitude are not challenges; they are choices." Robert Braathe
16. "The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you." John E. Southard
17. "Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
18. "Gratitude always comes into play; research shows that people are happier if they are grateful for the positive things in their lives, rather than worrying about what might be missing.” -- Dan Buettner
19. "When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” -- Willie Nelson
20. "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” -- Albert Einstein
21. "When you give and carry out acts of kindness, it’s as though something inside your body responds and says, ‘Yes, this is how I ought to feel." -- Rabbi Harold Kushner
22. "The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement." —Charles Schwab
23. “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” Thornton Wilder
Gratitude is one of the most powerful emotions that you can practice in your everyday life.
So, the next time you’re frustrated or distracted by not having enough of something, don’t focus on what you’re lacking but rather be mindful and focus on what you have in abundance.
What’s your favorite quote about being thankful and expressing gratitude?
If you’re looking for more sales tips, no matter what your experience level, download our Top Tips guide for more strategies.
About Molly DePasquale
Molly DePasquale is the Manager of Operations and Sales Training Strategist for DMTraining. She manages the day-to-day business and training operations while helping research and develop new training programs as well as refreshing signature programs to reflect the newest sales trends, technology, and best practices. Molly utilizes her wide-range of skills to create sales and marketing assets focused on delivering value to DMT’s clients. Molly has a passion for learning and leveraging new knowledge and experiences. Outside of DMTraining, Molly is a hard core Pittsburgh sports fan, enjoys staying active by running and golfing, and unwinds by reading and playing the piano.