20 Inspiring Quotes for Building Better Business Relationships
Communication is an essential aspect of everyday life and whether you realize it or not, we never stop communicating. This is especially true when it comes to business relationships and how we communication with our clients.
We’ve compiled 20 of the best business and communication quotes from a variety of brilliant people who can help guide us to improve our communication and build better business relationships.
Do you need a little extra motivation to close your next sales deal? Our top sales tips will help you succeed.
1. "The more elaborate our means of communication, the less we communicate."- Joseph Priestley
2. “Who you are is speaking so loudly that I can’t hear what you’re saying.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.”– Dale Carnegie
4. “I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.”– Albert Einstein
5. “Don’t be embarrassed by your failures. Learn from them and start again.”– Sir Richard Branson
6. “The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn’t said.”- Peter Drucker
7. “The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightening and a lightening bug.”– Mark Twain
8. “The way we communicate with others and with ourselves ultimately determines the quality of our lives.”– Tony Robbins
9. “You’ll succeed best when you put the restless, anxious side of affairs out of mind, and allow the restful side to live in your thoughts”– Margaret Stowe
10. “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
11. “The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”– George Bernard Shaw
12. "To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others."– Tony Robbins
13. “Write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow."– Lawrence Clark Powell
14. “Storytellers, by the very act of telling, communicate a radical learning that changes lives and the world: telling stories is a universally accessible means through which people make meaning.” – Chris Cavanaugh
15. “The two words 'information' and 'communication' are often used interchangeable, but they signify quite different things. Information is giving out; communication is getting through."– Sydney J. Harris
16. “In many ways, effective communication begins with mutual respect, communication that inspires, and encourages others to do their best.”– Zig Ziglar
17. “Speak when you are angry and you’ll make the best speech you’ll ever regret.”- Dr. Laurence J. Peter
18. "Many relationship problems are rooted in a communication breakdown. These can be as simple as not really hearing what the other person is saying, because we get caught up in our own fixed perspectives."- Sumesh Nair
19. "The goal is to provide inspiring information that moves people to action."- Guy Kawasaki
20. "Make sure you are understood. Don't blame the other person for not understanding. Instead, look for ways to clarify or rephrase what you are trying to say so it can be understood."- Joel Garlfinkle
Words can be powerful and when you select the right words to use, you increase your ability to make others understand your message. But just as words are powerful, so are actions. The ability to read the emotions and nonverbal communication of another person also helps increase understanding and elevates relationships to a new level of trust.
Want even more inspiration?
Or take it one step further and download our top tips to help you successfully build sales momentum and close your next deal!
About Molly DePasquale
Molly DePasquale is the Manager of Operations and Sales Training Strategist for DMTraining. She manages the day-to-day business and training operations while helping research and develop new training programs as well as refreshing signature programs to reflect the newest sales trends, technology, and best practices. Molly utilizes her wide-range of skills to create sales and marketing assets focused on delivering value to DMT’s clients. Molly has a passion for learning and leveraging new knowledge and experiences. Outside of DMTraining, Molly is a hard core Pittsburgh sports fan, enjoys staying active by running and golfing, and unwinds by reading and playing the piano.