6 Reasons Salespeople Should Practice “One More Call”
Picture this: It’s the end of the day, and you’ve just been turned down for a new appointment by a potential prospect. What do you do? Well, if you’ve been rejected when prospecting for new business in the past, then you may feel deterred from continuing to make calls. In this post, we will outline 6 reasons you should consider “making one more call” no matter what the circumstances: if you were successful at making a sale or new appointment and if you were not so successful.
Reasons to make One More Call after making a sale or new appointment:
1) Your increased level of confidence - If you just made a sale or new appointment, you are feeling confident and self-assured in your ability to communicate with your client or prospect, assist them in their needs and in your overall sales approach. Now is the best time to call for your next sale.
2) Your renewed joy and energy – Yes, you made that sale! You are elated and energetic celebrating your accomplishment with smiles and high-fives. What a better way to celebrate your bliss than by calling your next prospect?
3) You’re in great momentum – Once you have secured a sale you are making things happen and making one more call now will keep this momentum going for you. Your next call is a chance at another sale.
Reasons to make One More Call after NOT making a sale or new appointment:
1) Use that as a reason to call – If on the other hand you were not as lucky and didn’t make that sale you wanted to, use that as the reason for your next call. You may be luckier and able to better relate to the person in your next call, but not making that call also means not having that chance.
2) You need a new sale now – Now that you are less one sale opportunity you need to make a new one. Making one more call is a good idea now more than ever. Keep yourself motivated by making that much needed next call.
3) An opportunity to practice – Your next call means having more practice in speaking with your customers and gaining more experience. Use this event as an opportunity to continue to gain more skills and knowledge that will make for future sales.
Having these reasons in mind and remembering the value of One More Call a day will encourage you to continue prospecting for new clients. Remember by simply practicing One More Call each day regardless of your previous outcome, you can achieve 5 extra calls in a week, 20 extra calls per month and 220 in a year. This will have a tremendous impact in your sales momentum.
About Molly DePasquale
Molly DePasquale is the Manager of Operations and Sales Training Strategist for DMTraining. She manages the day-to-day business and training operations while helping research and develop new training programs as well as refreshing signature programs to reflect the newest sales trends, technology, and best practices. Molly utilizes her wide-range of skills to create sales and marketing assets focused on delivering value to DMT’s clients. Molly has a passion for learning and leveraging new knowledge and experiences. Outside of DMTraining, Molly is a hard core Pittsburgh sports fan, enjoys staying active by running and golfing, and unwinds by reading and playing the piano.