47 Inspirational Quotes to Help You Maintain Your Sales Momentum
How do you stay motivated when you just don’t feel like selling? What can you do to maintain your sales momentum? Who do you look to for inspiration?
DMTraining talks to a lot of salespeople, and a common theme we are asked about is motivation.
Many sales reps believe motivation is something that just sort of happens. But motivation is something you do, or don’t do, for yourself.
It’s the daily sales habits, routines and mental processes that you set for yourself that will truly get you going and keep you going.
Don’t get me wrong, this is no easy task. But given there are so many factors out of your control throughout the sales process, why not take control of your attitude and your ability to motivate yourself?
To help you get a jump start, we’ve put together this list of 47 motivational quotes to remind you that even when you’re dealing with a difficult prospect, lost sales, or poor market conditions, you can still prevail and succeed!
Quotes to Inspire Your Selling
1. “Successful people ask a lot more questions during sales calls than do their less successful colleagues.” – Neil Rackham
2. “It’s more dangerous to ignore signals of customer concern than it is to explore potential concerns and get them out into the open.” – Neil Rackham
3. “You were designed for accomplishment, engineered for success, and endowed with the seeds of greatness.” – Zig Ziglar
4. “There are no traffic jams on the extra mile.” – Zig Ziglar
5. “There is no elevator to success…you have to take the stairs.” – Zig Ziglar
6. “Where you start is not as important as where you finish.” – Zig Ziglar
7. “If you don’t see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner” – Zig Ziglar
8. “Each close you use should be an educational process by which you are able to raise the value in the prospect’s mind.” – Zig Ziglar
9. “You don’t build a business —you build people— and then people build the business.” – Zig Ziglar
10. “Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly until you learn to do it well.” – Zig Ziglar
11. “Success is not measured by what you do compared to what others do, it is measured by what you do with the ability God gave you.” – Zig Ziglar
12. “When obstacles arise, you change your direction to reach your goal, you do not change your decision to get there.” – Zig Ziglar
13. “When you do more than you’re paid for, eventually you’ll be paid for more than you do.” – Zig Ziglar
14. “A goal properly set is halfway reached.” – Zig Ziglar
15. “How you see your future is much more important than what happened in your past.” –Zig Ziglar
16. “For every sale you miss because you were too enthusiastic, you’ll miss a hundred because you weren’t enthusiastic enough.” – Zig Ziglar
17. “The more you complain about your problems, the more problems you will have to complain about.” – Zig Ziglar
18. “Selling is essentially a transference of feelings.”- Zig Ziglar
19. “You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar
20. “One of the best predictors of ultimate success in either sales or non-sales selling isn’t natural talent or even industry expertise, but how you explain your failures and rejections.” – Daniel Pink
21. “Questions are often more effective than statements in moving others.” – Daniel Pink
22. “The ability to take another perspective has become one of the keys to sales.” – Daniel Pink
23. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
24. “Make a customer, not a sale.” – Katherine Barchetti
25. “You have to drop your sales mentality and start working with your prospects as if they’ve already hired you.” — Jill Konrath
26. “Sometimes a change in perspective changes everything.” — Jill Konrath
27. “Great salespeople are relationship builders who provide value and help their customers win.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
28. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
29. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” – Vince Lombardi
30. "Training helps you know what to do, even when the path to success isn't clear." - Steve Bookbinder
31. "I use the power of negative outcome thinking to generate the 'I should have done' list months in advance of failure." - Steve Bookbinder
32. "If we don't keep changing and improving, then we are actually getting worse not staying the same." - Steve Bookbinder
33. "In our rapidly changing world, I believe frequent reinventing yourself is safer than doing things you've always done." - Steve Bookbinder
34. "Focus is the relentless chase for new ideas, new tactics, new strategies, acting on them is what gives you control when you are in an out of control environment." - Steve Bookbinder
35. "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." - Thomas Edison
36. "Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later." - Og Mandino
37. "Become the person who would attract the results you seek.” - Jim Cathcart
38. "Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going." - Sam Levenson
39. "What we dwell on is who we become." - Oprah Winfrey
40. “Successful people control their inner dialogues.” – Brian Tracy
41. “If you are in sales and you fear rejection, you’ve picked the wrong way to make a living.” – Brian Tracy
42. “When people feel that someone genuinely likes them, they are more open to listening to that person and to what he/she is selling.” – Brian Tracy
43. “This six-word formula is the recipe for high income in every market: Spend more time with better prospects.” – Brian Tracy
44. “The first 15 to 25 words out of your mouth set the tone for the rest of the conversion.” – Brian Tracy
45. “Spend 80% of your time prospecting until you have so many people to see that you do not have time to call anyone else.” – Brian Tracy
46. “The key to success in selling is for you to start a little earlier, work a little harder, and stay a little later.” – Brian Tracy
47. "The only thing I can control is me. The most meaningful thing I can attempt to control is my reaction to the world and the conditions I will encounter on my way to my goal." - Steve Bookbinder
Use these quotes to inspire yourself to take action and remember that motivation comes from within.
Want more sales tips? Get our Top Sales Tips guide here!
About Molly D Protosow
Molly Protosow is the COO and Training Strategist for DMTraining. She manages the day-to-day business and training operations while helping research and develop new training programs as well as refreshing signature programs to reflect the newest sales trends, technology, and best practices. Molly utilizes her wide-range of skills to create sales and marketing assets focused on delivering value to DMT’s clients. Molly has a passion for learning and leveraging new knowledge and experiences. Outside of DMTraining, Molly is a hard core Pittsburgh sports fan, enjoys staying active by running and golfing, and unwinds by reading and playing the piano.